Farro vegetable salad
Categories: Diabetes / Healthy recipes
Posted on April 4, 2019 at 10:32 am
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
1 (16 oz.) package Farro (find in the rice aisle)
2 asparagus bundles (2 cups, chopped )
1 (10.5 oz.) container of cherry tomatoes
1/2 small red onion
2 yellow bell peppers
1 bundle of parsley leaves
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1. Follow package directions to cook the farro, drain and cool.
2. Dice bell peppers, onion and parsley. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
3. Remove hard stems from asparagus. Then blanch and dice asparagus.
4. For dressing: In a separate small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey and spices.
5. In a large bowl combine the farro, cherry tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, parsley, asparagus and the vinaigrette dressing.
Total carbohydrate: 38 g
Dietary fiber: 7 g
Protein: 7 g
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Sodium: 2 mg
Cooking Tip: Blanching includes placing vegetable in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Followed by placing it in ice water to stop the cooking process.