Posted on January 25, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Here’s a tangy, tasty salmon recipe, light on calories, that will please everyone at your table.
- 15 ounce fillet salmon (or five 3 ounce fillets)
- 4 medium sized lemons
- ½ shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- ¼ cup cooking wine (sherry)
- 1 tablespoon dill
- ½ teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For sauce, preheat pan on stove at low medium heat. Dice shallot and squeeze 2 lemons into bowl. Add the diced shallot, lemon juice, cooking wine, dill, and ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper into hot pan. Let it cook slowly.
For the salmon, squeeze 2 lemons into a bowl. Mix lemons with ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper, canola oil and melted margarine. Marinate fish in mixture. Cook the fish on medium-high heat.
- Calories: 203
- Total carbohydrate: 7 grams
- Dietary fiber: 1.8 gram
- Protein: 18 grams
- Total fat: 9 grams
- Saturated fat: 2.5 grams
- Sodium: 217 milligrams
- Preparation time: 50 minutes
- Number of servings: 5
- Serving size: 3 ounce fillet
Source: Dietitian Jonathan Diaz, RD, LD